Roasted Chicken with Grapes
By Kim Liu, Syracuse University undergraduate nutrition student Ingredients:
– 1 Whole cut chicken
– Plump grapes
– Vegetable or canola oil
– Fresh rosemary
– Salt and Pepper Directions:
1. Wash and dry chicken
2. Coat chicken in oil, season with salt and pepper and place into baking pan.
3. Add grapes, crushing a few to create moisture. Throw in a few sprigs of rosemary.
4. Roast at 450 degrees Fahrenheit until chicken is done. Serve wit
This week on Channel 9’s Bridge Street talk show, CNYDA member Kelly Springer, MS, RD, CDN joined the hosts for a chat at the beginning of the show. Kelly spoke about the following nutrition myths:
1. Myth: fat is bad
Fact: we need fat in our diets to absorb fat soluble vitamins such as; A, D, E and K. However, fat is really dense in calories and a little goes a long way!
2. Myth: Shrimp and Eggs raise your bad (LDL) cholesterol
Fact: shrimp and eggs are wonderful sources
By: Rachel Johnson, Syracuse University undergraduate student Recently, I spoke with a woman who mentioned that she is an extremely healthy eater. However, she also told me her biggest down fall to her eating habits is her sweet tooth. She asked me about snacks that were are both sweet and nutritious. I began to suggest that she try a trail mix containing chocolate, when an unsatisfied look came across her face. I quickly suggested a bowl of mixed fruit – yet again the same l